www.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.ws
" Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Passport renewal

Does anybody know about renewing Philippine passport here in Houston? My Philippine passport expired a year ago and now I have to renew it because we will be going back to the Philippines for vacation this May. Somebody told me that they renewed their passport just here in Houston and she gave us a number to call. I called her and the lady told her that a Philippine consulate will come to Houston and that I don't nee to go California to renew it. I hope so because the way of renewing a passport is a very hassle for us specially we live too far from California. Besides from the plane ticket is very expensive we also have kids that being left behind when we go there. I like the system they used to have that you can just mail it to them and send them a check and photos then you'll be done. It was very convenient that way but now it change to the new system which I really didn't agree with this. Is anybody know about this issue? Are you one of the Filipino's here in Houston planning to renew your passport too? Let me know maybe we can set a date to fly together to California or hopefully we can do it just here in Houston.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jan,
    About renewing your passport ba I think sa Houston ra na siguro nga Philippine Consulate just to USCIS.gov and check it out....Not sure but I think they should be in website link to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnaks ha. whoever you are kay anonymous man, hehehe. I will try to save money for plane ticket for Cali. we will check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can go back home with the expired passport and renew it there in the philippines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious, I can do that? hehehe That would be very nice so that I wont be worried anymore. I will try to ask the consulate office if they allow us to go back home with expired passport. Thanks for your info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think they allow you to travel internationally without passport since last year they change some of the requirement...you need to have a passport so does your kids.
    One think if your not sure the philippine embassy near you and find out more details about it...hope this make sense a little

    ReplyDelete